ISTIH’s website retains and uses the following information from users:
- Your visit to our website is logged and the following information is used for statistical purposes only – the user’s IP address, the date and time of the visit to our website, the pages accessed and documents downloaded, the previous website visited and the type of browser used. We will not attempt to identify users or their browsing activities except, in the unlikely event of a legal investigation, where a law enforcement agency may exercise a warrant to inspect our service provider’s logs.
- Our website records retains the e-mail address of people who send e-mails through the “Contact Us” page, for the purpose of sending a response. This information is retained and will not be used for any other purpose, nor disclosed to a third party without your consent.
- ISTIH takes reasonable steps to protect your personal information collected either through our volunteer application forms or newsletter subscription from loss, misuse, improper disclosure or unauthorised destruction.Your personal information is securely stored in our databases, which are accessed only by authorised staff at ISTIH. All hard copy data is disposed of appropriately when no longer required.
- ISTIH will not sell, rent, or lease your personally identifiable information to others. Unless we have your permission or are required by law, we will only share the personal data you provide with other ISTIH entities and or business partners who are acting on our behalf.
- Please note that there are inherent risks associated with transmission of information via the Internet. You should make your own assessment of the potential risks to the security of your information when making a decision as to whether or not you should utilise our website.
- Our website contains links to other websites. When a user has clicked on a link to another website, they leave our website and as such, this privacy statement does not apply to those websites.